Education is invesment. Expensive of expense of education can be overcome with looking for source of fund like from scholarship. To submit the application of scholarship there are some tips which must be known:
- Do your research. Take the time to look for various scholarships and their requirements and deadlines. Ask your friends, guidance counselor, and local community foundation for information on scholarships. Look at scholarship websites like www.fastweb.com. Make sure that you qualify for the scholarship before spending your time filling out the paperwork! Apply only if you are eligible, and check that you are able to complete the requirements before the deadline.
- Start early. Give yourself plenty of time to fill out the application, ask for the necessary letters of recommendation and transcripts, and submit it in on time!
- Follow the directions. Don’t go to all the work if you’re not going to do it right – make sure you print legibly and that you have answered the questions asked. Do not leave information incomplete.
- Review the application. Edit your essay. Read it out loud to yourself. Have a friend or family member look over it for mistakes.
- Be honest and let the application show your true self. Your own stories and thoughts are great because they are your own, and they help your application stand out from the rest! Many applicant reviewers are looking for students who are more than their résumé – they want to help real people who are interested in furthering their education.
- Don’t be afraid to ask for help. Use your resources – ask for help and do your research. You can quickly become a “pro” at filling out applications but it takes practice and patience to do it right. The time and energy will pay off if you receive a scholarship!
- Make a copy of the application for your file. Also, keep a written record of the scholarships for which you have applied.
- Follow deadlines! Late applications are not considered.